|SEO is Search Engine Optimization|
Writing Search Engine Friendly Webpages
In order to tap the huge stream of targeted traffic an internet search engine can provide a website you need to master a few common sense principles when crafting your webpages.
You can rest assured no sites receive top search engine rankings by chance in competitive keyword markets. They spend time and money to acquire and maintain their search engine positioning. Targeting your keyword market precisely and applying the principles in this article will help you compete in any keyword marketplace.
When crafting your web pages for the search engines remember that a search engine spider is not human. They only read the html code for your website, they do not actually "see" what your site looks like.
1. Use static html pages not dynamically generated web pages wherever you can. Some dynamically created WebPages are not indexable by the search engines. If they can't index your pages you might as well not exist no matter how useful your website might be.
2. Use your main keywords in meta " title " tag, meta " description " tag, and meta " keywords " tags. This tells the search engines what you feel the webpage is about.
3. Use your keywords in the first line of your web page " body " and within " header " tags throughout your html document. Use " bolding" of keywords where appropriate. Using your keywords within bold and header tags makes them stand out as important. Also having them near the beginning of your web page is also an indicator of importance in the search engine's eyes.
4. Use your keywords in img " alt " and link " title " tags. These tags don't show up as visible text but they can help give a search engine a better idea of what your link is about. Resist the urge to stuff a lot of keywords into these tags but definitely use them to your advantage and place a select few of your most important keywords in there.
5. Don't use a lot of tables in your html. Use css style sheets to store webpage "style" definitions if you can. Storing style information in Css reduces the overall size of your WebPages considerably allowing them to load much faster.
6. Don't use a lot of outbound or affiliate links within your webpage. Keep your web pages focused on providing content first, not making money. . Search Engine's don't like WebPages that are just filled with affiliate links and banners. These pages have little or no content and do not score well because of this.
7. Maintain a high "visible text: graphics" ratio on your webpage. This is a similar idea to 6 plus your pages will load faster with less graphics on them.
8. Repeat your major keyword phrases near the end of your webpage in a sentence with the keywords bolded. Optionally place a short sentence in a header tag.
After you have created your webpage and applied these principles upload the page to your web host and visit the following URL to analyze your work:
I have chosen this tool because it is very easy to understand and it is free. Use the suggestions this site provides and re-edit your webpage. When you have the page optimized to your satisfaction visit:
and submit your webpage URL to the major search engines for Free.
Congratulations, you're first "optimized" web page is on the internet and submitted to the major search engines. Get some rest, this is only the beginning of your adventure ;)
About the Author
Michael Lawrence is the webmaster for http://www.cobrasurf.com providing Free Web Traffic and Free Website Promotion.
He also publishes a Blog which can be found at http://cobrasurf.blogspot.com containing articles on website promotion and internet marketing.
- âÎÊµÔé§ - Thailand Web Hosting Business
- SEO Thailand
- Domain Names
- Web Hosting
- Software News
- Website Directory
- ¿ÔÅìÁ focus
- ¿ÔÅìÁ¡Ñ¹ÃÍÂ focus
Internet Marketing and Search Engine Indexing.
The world of internet marketing is a highly competitive place. As a beginning internet marketer there are some basic things you should know about how search engines spider and index your web site.
Dont Submit Your Website To Any Search Engines
We all want to get our websites high up in the search enignes but how do you do it? One thing you shouldn't bother doing is submit your site to any search engines. Not Google, not Yahoo!, not AltaVista.
Search Engine Optimization for Everyone
There are many facets to SEO and the search engines continually change their methods of indexing sites to help prevent the same sites from staying up in the ranks all the time.Here are some strategies we have personally used with our web design firm:1.
Website Copy-writing for Higher Sales and Higher Search Engine Ranking
Why, you ask? Mainly, because search engines want to provide their users with good content. How do they find it? By surfing the web for it.
Search Engines: Tips and Strategies on Getting Listed and Ranking High for Newbies
You've got a website. You've put countless hours into it, tweaking the look and feel and making sure all the links work.
Search Engine Traffic Myths, Time Wasters, and Pitfalls
Everyone wants to increase their rankings with the search engines and because of this there is a ton of information available on how to go about it. Unfortunately, while some of this information is real, there is just as much or more information that is outdated, wrong, and a complete waste of time, money and energy on your part.
Do Not Drop Your Web Site Off the Search Engine Cliff
If you've been feeling like Tom Cruise climbing up the side of some remote jagged mountain in the blazing hot sun and concerned you're facing "mission impossible", chances are you own a web site.Adding to the intense thrill of web site ownership are keyword comparisons and bidding for good keyword positions in search engines.
The Search Doesnt End at Your Homepage
In a recent report for a new client, I wrote: "Remember, a visitor's search doesn't end when they leave Google. Their search and the phrases associated with it continue right through to the completion of the task they have in mind.
Use Keyword Articles for Search Engine Optimization
Search engine optimization is very important for your online business if you are interested in staying in business. The reason for this is most of the time the large search engines direct traffic to your website, however your website must include what the search engine is looking for in order for your web page to be returned as a result.
The Wonders of Wordtracker: Its More than a Hunt for Keywords
For me personally, Wordtracker.com is not just a tool for looking up keywords.
Google: The Ultimate Web Writer's Style Guide
Indulge me for a moment.Forget that Google is a search engine.
Is Page Not Found Making Google Tell The World Site Not Found?
Search Engines are hard to tame, that's for sure. But if you can get on their good side, search can be your biggest ally when it comes to generating tons of free traffic to your business web site.
The Value of Search Engine Marketing
Search engine marketing vs traditional offline marketing. Most often, traditional offline marketing such as TV and radio ads cater to the masses.
SEO #2: On-page Optimization
Yesterday you should have read the first course out of 6 courses that will help you get a TOP rank in the search engines and get EXPLOSIVE LASER TARGETED TRAFFIC for Free. Today we move on to course #2 and study on-page optimization.
Have You Been Dropped By Yahoo?
Yahoo has fairly recently updated its guidelines. You can read the full list at:http://help.
Top 5 Search Engine Optimization Mistakes
There are a lot of ways to promote your website and, unfortunately, a lot of these methods are mistakes. Here is a list of some of the more common mistakes (often referred to as Black Hat SEO) that you should steer well clear of.
Has Google Lost the Plot?
With the help of MSN, recently I've been reminiscing about the Google of old. Remember those days? When you could take a good quality site, add a few keywords, get a few incoming links and bada-bing, bada-boom, it'd be #1 on Google? Remember the old days, pre-Florida, pre-sandbox? The days when we, as search engine optimization specialists, didn't feel like a private schoolgirl smoking in the bathroom? When we didn't feel like the iron fist would come crashing down at any moment? Yes, those were the good old days.
Google Patent Application - SEO Highlights
The recent patent application filed by Google details numerous items the search engine uses to rank web pages. The specific application is summarized as:"A method for scoring a document, comprising: identifying a document; obtaining one or more types of history data associated with the document; and generating a score for the document based on the one or more types of history data.
Website Ranking With an Internet Marketing Specialist
On the internet, competition is stronger than ever. There was a time where paying a few bucks to get in Yahoo was enough to generate substantial traffic but marketing websites on the internet got much more complex since.
Search Wars! - MSNs Opening Salvo
With all the recent publicity given to Google as the Internet's number one search service, it's hardly surprising that Microsoft has already started work on re-vamping their MSN search service. Okay, it's still powered by the Yahoo engine, but according to Microsoft it has been "cleaned up" and the new service mirrors much more the kind of "non-commercial" results which are currently displayed by Google.
|Home | Site Map | Thai Hosting | Website Directory|
|© 2007 ThaiIRC.in.th|