|SEO is Search Engine Optimization|
Google Is Not Only A Search Engine!
When you now organize a street interview and ask people "What is Google", I assume more than 90 percent of the people answer that Google is a search engine. Indeed, Google is a search engine and it is probably its core business, but Google is much more!
A short overview of the main services of Google:
++ Category One : Google Web Search Features ++
- Besides the traditional Google search engines in different languages, there is also a local search engine available: Google Local. As Google Local is in beta, only US searches are possible. Are you living in Detroit and hungry and you want a taco, do a search on http://local.google.com and you get a list of all taco restaurants.
- Google Mobile : search with your cell phone online information
- Google Print puts book content right in the Google search results http://print.google.com
- Calculator: Type a mathematical expression (e.g. 5+2*3) in the Google seach box and you get the result, even with complicated math!
- Definitions: when you search for 'define Personal Computer', you get the definition of that word;
- With Froogle, you can search for products (independent free service) http://froogle.google.com and http://labs.google.com/frooglewml.html (Froogle for your cell phone)
- With 'I'm Feeling Lucky?' next to the Google search box you will see directly the first web page for your query. You will not see the other search results at all.
- Movies: To find reviews and showtimes for movies playing near you, type 'movies', 'showtimes' or the name of a current film into the Google search box
- With PhoneBook you can search for US business and residence phone numbers in the Google search box, e.g. 'John, Fitzgerald, Washington'
- Q&A answers (all) your questions in the Google search box, e.g. birthplace Bill Clinton
- You can get specialized information in the Google search box of parcels, patents or other specialized numbers.
- Restrict your search to a specific site (Site Search), e.g. 'google site: www.wallies.info' for wallies.info pages with the word 'google'
- Stock Quotes in the Google search box, e.g. GOOG for the Google stock quote
- Weather conditions and a four-day forecast for a particular U.S. location, e.g. 'weather Miami, fl' in the Google Seach box;
- Travel information: To see delays and weather conditions at a particular airport, type the airport's three letter code followed by the word 'airport'; To check the status of a U.S. flight, type the name of the airline followed by the flight number.
- Google Alerts send you an email with the latest search results of your query. http://www.google.com/alerts
- With Google Catalogs you can search mail-order catalogs online. http://catalogs.google.com
- Search for images with Google Image Search http://images.google.com
- Google Scholar enables you to search specifically for scholarly literature. http://scholar.google.com
- Google special searches: http://www.google.com/unclesam (U.S. Government), http://www.google.com/linux, http://www.google.com/bsd (BSD), http://www.google.com/mac.html (Apple Macintosh), http://www.google.com/microsoft.html
- Google University Search enables you to search to a specific school website. http://www.google.com/options/universities.html
- The Google web directory http://directory.google.com/
++ Category Two : Webmaster Tools ++
- Enter 'link: www.wallies.info' in the Google search box will show you all pages that point to wallies.info;
- Add your URL to Google on http://www.google.com/addurl;
- Develop your own Google applications with Google Web API's. http://www.google.com/apis/
- Google Adsense: place relevant ads on your pages and get paid https://www.google.com/adsense/
- With Google Adwords you can create your own ads. https://adwords.google.com
++ Category Three : Stand alone services ++
- With the xml Google Sitemaps, https://www.google.com/webmasters/sitemaps/ the Google crawler should index faster your website. See also http://www.wallies.info/blog/item/132/index.html.
- Google Blog is the official weblog of the people behind Google: http://googleblog.blogspot.com
- Blogger is the free weblog service of Google http://www.blogger.com
- With Google Maps can you search for a specific US location on street level and see a satellite image of that location http://maps.google.com/!
- Gmail is Google email with 2GB space http://www.gmail.com
- Google Groups are discussion groups http://groups-beta.google.com/
- Keyhole: nice satellite imagery of our world. http://www.keyhole.com
- Google Video enables you to search a growing archive of televised content - everything from sports to dinosaur documentaries to news shows. http://video.google.com/
++ Category Four : Google Software
- Gmail Notifier : Check your Gmail messages without opening your browser. http://toolbar.google.com/gmail-helper/index?promo=gdl-en
- Google Deskbar lets you search with Google right from your Windows taskbar http://toolbar.google.com/deskbar/
- Google Toolbar is the open-source Googlebar for your browser http://toolbar.google.com/googlebar.html
- Search your own computer with Google Desktop http://desktop.google.com/?promo=gdl-gds-en
- Picasa is free software that helps you instantly find, edit and share all the pictures on your PC: http://www.picasa.com
- Google Video Viewer is needed for Google Video http://video.google.com/video_download.html
++ Google Labs ++
Google labs showcases a few of our favorite ideas that aren't quite ready for prime time - http://labs.google.com/
- Google Personalized Search: Get the search results most relevant to you http://www.google.com/psearch
- Personalize your Google Homepage with information for you http://www.google.com/ig
- Save time online by loading web pages faster with Google Web Accelarator http://webaccelerator.google.com/
- My Search History Easily access and manage your Google search history from any computer http://www.google.com/searchhistory/
- Find a taxi, limousine or shuttle using real time position of vehicles with Google Ride Finder http://labs.google.com/ridefinder
- As you type your search, Google Suggest offers keyword suggestions in real time http://www.google.com/webhp?complete=1&hl=en
- Google SMS: Get precise answers to specialized queries from your mobile phone or device http://sms.google.com/ and http://www.google.co.uk/sms/
- Google Sets: Automatically create sets of items from a few examples http://labs.google.com/sets
++ Various ++
- Google Store: pens, shirts, lava lamps of Google, http://www.googlestore.com/
Maybe there are a few services we've forgotten as this list is already so extensive.
Last to know the Google quote on Nasdaq (GOOG): http://quotes.nasdaq.com/asp/summaryquote.asp?symbol=GOOG%60&selected=GOOG%60
For comments on this article, please visit http://wallies.info/blog/item/171/index.html
Walter V. is a self-employed internet entrepreneur and founder-webmaster of several websites, including wallies.info :: A snappy blog about snappy blue things :: blog | wiki | forum | links - http://wallies.info mblo.gs :: A snappy moblog community - http://mblo.gs
- âÎÊµÔé§ - Thailand Web Hosting Business
- SEO Thailand
- Domain Names
- Web Hosting
- Software News
- Website Directory
- ¿ÔÅìÁ focus
- ¿ÔÅìÁ¡Ñ¹ÃÍÂ focus
How MSN and Yahoo Sells Your Traffic
Yes, it really happens. Now you might find it hard to believe but you will understand after I explain.
Playing By Googles Rules
As the undisputable leader in search engines, Google places a very high importance on the quality and relevancy of its search results, especially now that the company is public. The know that in order to keep the shareholders and users of the engine happy, the quality of returned results are extremely important.
Easy Web Tips
How can you be found on the web?The web is a necessity as we have mentioned before. It has become one of the things that you will be asked about in almost every meeting you have with clients.
Should You Be Linking for Traffic or Rankings?
Just for a change, rather than a technical article, I would like to tell you a story. To begin, imagine your website is a little country bar, now let's go back to when the internet began, and reciprocal linking was being done properly.
Google Website and Web Page Indexing for Dummies
You may have heard how important it is to have your website optimized for search engines, especially Google, which is currently the most popular worldwide. The reason for this is so your website will be ranked high in the search engines and people will see your site first, click on it, and increase your traffic and ultimately your sales.
Finding Profitable Keyword Phrases
So you have a site concept developed that you are ready to start writing great content for.So what's the next step?It's time to develop your " master keyword list " which you will use to craft your WebPages.
Is Google Having a Tough Time with Their Website Limit?
If you are one to pay attention to what happens within the Google realm, you might find yourself thrown for a loop these days. As Google updates their results, it seems like they are having some issues dealing with so many new websites popping up.
SEO #1: Choosing THE Keywords to Optimize for
This is the first lesson out of 6 that teaches you the most important elements of search engine optimization. You should read one of these 6 courses EVERY day so that you can have enough time to "digest" all the information and put them to the test.
Search Engines Are Doomed to Fail
A very provocative title, isn't it? Based on the latest news it is not far from the truth. Over the years the search engines were the target number one on the hunt for visitors and traffic to millions of web sites.
How To Write Effective And Unique Articles That Are Optimized for the Search Engines
It is a well known fact that writing, distributing and posting articles to various location on the web is an extremely effective way to generate targeted traffic and establish yourself as an experienced marketer in your field. Unique articles that help solve the reader's problems, assists the reader in advancing their marketing acumen, or otherwise generally inform tend to stay posted on many web sites throughout the Internet and usually generate targeted traffic for the writer.
Search Engines The Masters Of The Internet Universe - Part 3
This is part three of the article series and deals with the paid inclusion and organic search results from search engines.We touched on the topic of Kibitzing in the last part, now we will deal with some of the new concepts in search engine submission namely Paid Inclusion and Sponsored Results.
Search Engine Musical Chairs
News broke this week that Yahoo has purchased the Inktomi search engine for around US$235 million. This is an interesting development in the search engine industry that may impact greatly on exactly where sites get their traffic from.
Writing Search Engine Friendly Webpages
In order to tap the huge stream of targeted traffic an internet search engine can provide a website you need to master a few common sense principles when crafting your webpages.You can rest assured no sites receive top search engine rankings by chance in competitive keyword markets.
Have You Heard Of Website Optimization
Have you heard of website optimization ? If you are building a website or have a new one and you have never heard of it, then you had better take note, because if you want to climb the ladder on the search engines it is something you need to learn about. Website optimization means optimising your website so the search engine spiders will love it.
Basics to Search Engine Optimization
Search Engine Optimization popularly known as SEO.SEO is the process of optimizing or modifying a website to increase its popularity and ranking in listings of search engines.
Search Engine Saturation Tool - A Must Have SEO Tool
Search Engines have become the soul of the Internet. They provide a means of aggregating, correlating, indexing and categorizing the vast amounts of content in the wild world of Internet.
A Link From An Ugly Duckling Website With A PR=1 Could Give You 10 to 80 Times More PageRank
Whether you want to start a business and sell on the Internet or you're an old pro and want more Internet sales, here's the easy way to do it.To get the most sales on the Internet you need to have a high PageRank on Google.
Getting To Know Google
Having greatly benefited from my relationship with Google in the past several years, I am dedicating this article to the search engine superstar.I have to be brutally honest and relay that our friendship hasn't always been rosy.
20 Ideas for Creating Traffic Rich, Search Engine Friendly Pages
Sometimes questions will arise around the subject of gateway information pages or doorway pages. People have heard that "doorway pages" are BAD and some have stated that search engines "hate doorway pages".
Link Popularity: Why Its The Best Investment You Can Do For Your Business
More and more search engines rank your web pages based on the number of links that point to your web site (link popularity). Google uses link popularity as its most important factor in ranking sites.
|Home | Site Map | Thai Hosting | Website Directory|
|© 2007 ThaiIRC.in.th|