|SEO is Search Engine Optimization|
SEO For Ecommerce
Ranking well under the free listings in the major search engines basically mean one thing - Lots of free, recurring, and targeted traffic. Major search engines like Google, Yahoo and MSN can be very powerful weapons in your internet marketing, if you know how to optimize your website to rank highly for your keywords. This article will focus on how you can optimize your website to rank on the top positions in search engines.
Getting listed on search engines is one thing, optimizing for top rankings is a totally different thing altogether. If you type in any keyword, the results shown may run into the millions of pages. Visitors would normally focus their attention on the first page of their search results, and few would browse to more than the first three pages. It is thus crucial to rank your website on the first page for your target keywords, or visitors would not find your site at all.
The three major search engines you should focus on are Google, Yahoo and MSN. Together, these search engines constitute more than 90% of the searches done online. With an audience reach of more than 50% of the internet community, Google is, by far, the most powerful search engine for free listings. Because its results are completely determined by algorithms, its listings are totally unbiased and 'pure'. Other search engines may contain sponsored listings as well as free listings. Thus, visitors are likely to go straight to Google when looking for 'pure' search results, and this is the search engine you should focus on for optimization.
Note that since Google changes its algorithm very frequently, you have to continually keep updated on the latest changes to the search engine industry to keep your site on the top of search engines.
Search engine optimization (especially for Google) basically comprises of two factors: on-page optimization and off-page optimization. On-page optimization involves the manipulation of page components like titles, content and text links, to rank well for Google. Off-page optimization involves getting more links from other websites directed to your website.
On-page optimization. There are several on-page ranking factors for your website:
1) Title tag. When giving your website your title, you should include only your main keywords. The title must also be as concise and short as possible, and not include many redundant words. Do not include words like 'and', you can instead use symbols like a 'dash' to separate your title words. Fewer unnecessary words would give each of the other title keywords greater weight, and thus a higher ranking for your site.
2) Good content. All search engines base their search results on the content you have on your webpages, and how well they relate to the keywords you want to optimize your website for. It is best if you write your website content on your own to prevent copyright violations, and to be able to control exactly the content you want to place on your website. Search engine spiders like Googlebot also determine your ranking based on the keyword density on your website. Keyword density is the ratio of the number of times that your keywords appear throughout your content to the total number of words. When writing the content, you should place your keywords evenly throughout your content. Use your keyword once in every one to two paragraphs, and also once in the first and last paragraphs.
3) Header tags. The Header 1 tags of your website should include your main keywords, and the Header 2 tags should include your secondary keywords.
4) Bolding and Italicizing. Whenever possible, you can bold or italicize your keywords throughout your content, as search engines to place greater weight on bold or italic words.
Off-page optimization. Off-page ranking factors are really what make a HUGE difference to your rankings, and search engines like Google may place up to 90% of their emphasis on off-page factors. They can mean a difference between ranked in the thousands, or on the first page. From this you can see the great importance of focusing on off-page optimization. The off-page factors are:
1) The number of websites linking to your website. Commonly known as 'link popularity', this is one of the prime factors that determine your ranking on search engines. Link popularity is the measure of the number of websites linking to your website, and search engines like Google place strong emphasis on it, because more backlinks to your website generally means that your website is a better or more important resource for people. Thus, as far as possible, try to secure as many links from as many websites as possible. The most common method is to write personal emails to webmasters to ask for their link to your website, and provide a reciprocal link back to their website if they require it. This is where your website content plays an important role as well. If your website is full of informative content and resources, then webmasters would be more than happy to link to your website, as their visitors would also benefit from your useful content.
You can also join link exchange communities like http://www.linkmetro.com. Such communities list many websites willing to exchange links with others. This free services only require you to provide a reciprocal link back to the website you are exchanging links with, in return.
2) The relevancy of the websites linking to your website. Search engines rank highly those websites with many relevant websites linking to them. The higher the number of relevant websites linking to your website, the higher your search engine rankings will be. It would not help your search engine rankings much if you have hundreds of unrelated websites linking to yours, but they may still boost your rankings a little because these are still considered valid links from many different websites. However, as far as possible, try to solicit links from relevant websites instead of non-relevant ones.
3) The importance of the websites linking to your website. Google measures the importance of websites with their PageRank (PR) system. It is a scale ranging from 1 to 10. Pages with very high importance are given a very high PR, and vice versa. The scale is exponential, which means that it gets increasingly harder to increase your PR. If a website with very high PR links to your website, that shows that their webmaster places a high value on your website, and your site has content worthy to be shown to their visitors. This will, in turn, give your webpage a higher PR. For example, if a website of PR 6 links to you, then your PR may rise from 1 to maybe 2 or 3. Thus, in addition to a higher PR, higher search engine results are also attained if many websites with high PR link to yours.
If you have a new website that has not been indexed in Google yet, then you should try to get links from high PR websites. Some experts claim that if you have many high PR websites linking to yours, your website would be indexed in Google automatically, even without using the Search Engine Submission Form.
4) The anchor text of the link pointing to your website. Links pointing to your website should have your main keywords in the link. For example, if you want to rank well for 'search engine optimization', then the link pointing to your website should read 'search engine optimization', and not other unrelated words.
5) The IP addresses of the websites linking to your website. Whenever possible, you should get links from many different websites, instead of links on many pages from the same website. Same websites would show the same IP address, and Google prefers many links located on different IP addresses.
Although this article focuses mainly on Google, the optimization techniques also apply well for Yahoo and MSN. That is why you find that websites of high popularity can be found among the first pages of most major search engines. Remember to place more emphasis on off-page optimization than on-page optimization. Your website would be well optimized for most search engines if you follow the guides on this article.
*You are welcome to reprint this article as long as you include the Author's resource box with the article.
About the Author: Ray Yee is the founder and president of Dropshipperscentral, a website which provides a wealth of informative articles, tips and resources on everything you'll ever need to know about setting up a Drop Ship Business and marketing it.
- âÎÊµÔé§ - Thailand Web Hosting Business
- SEO Thailand
- Domain Names
- Web Hosting
- Software News
- Website Directory
- ¿ÔÅìÁ focus
- ¿ÔÅìÁ¡Ñ¹ÃÍÂ focus
SEO (search engine optimization) is a booming businees these days. Everyone wants to obtain top rankings in google, yahoo, and msn.
Optimize Your Site Pt1
Listed here you will find the five of the most important points to remember when optimising your site and individual pages for the search engines.If you optimise your pages by working through these points one by one you will see a significant rise in your search engine rankings.
The SEO Gurus poem
Am I alone as I survey that vast wilderness outside,Sat at home every day fettered by my own foolish pride,I may believe I can conceive stunning cunning plans,Yet I perceive the web I weave is lacking vital strands,It may transpire my destiny is to conquer virtual space,But I must wire the best of me to another spidery face,For although knowing everything about business and site,To grow means throwing other experts in to get it right,So even this experienced spider who spins webs so fine,Needs for bliss a guider to show the whole world online,His creation, born bred and reared , now standing serene,Will evoke elation and be revered if it can only be seen,There's no point in Picasso no mike in Michelangelo,If the joints a no go and the sound man doesn't show,So that treasure you're concealing from total global view,Measures up and has meaning with others helping you,We all have inborn talent and also inborn failings,So often scorn a balance, chained to our own railings,And our world misses a website that deserved to be a star,But not unfurled in all its might, merely cowering from afar,Why not take your Van Dyke, or Rembrandt seen by few,And let us make it see the light, exposed to global view,Don't hide them in shadows behind barriers of your mind,Where pride and jealous arrows make them hard to find,Instead turn to experts just as good as you would like to be,Who you'll learn to trust, and who will set your website free.John Fowler trained as a Mathematican and has worked in the IT industry for over 30 years, much of the time in sales related functions.
Search Engine Wars - Quality Searches Vs Quantity!
It is no secret that Google and Yahoo are on a continuous battle to win our hearts and get everyone to convert, but is converting someone really a matter of the quantity or the quality?Let's take a look at some top key searches and compare them with some search engines online. I will outline a few things for each search result:1) Search Engine 2) Number of results found 3) Quality & content of the top 10 sites 4) What you find going beyond the first 10 pagesEach section will get ranked out of 10 points for quality (information taken on August 26,2005).
Pay Per Click Versus "Organic" Search Engine Listings - The Pros and Cons and Best Uses for Each
What's the difference?For those who aren't quite clear what the term "natural" or "organic" search engine-listing means, they describe the "editorial" search results on any particular engine. These results are professed to be non-biased - meaning that the engine will not accept money to influence the rankings of any individual sites.
RSS Feeds - a Website Owners Friend in Disguise
We've all heard about it-it seems like all the buzz right now in the search engine marketing industry is RSS. If you're a website owner, than there are two ways your website can benefit from using RSS on your website-you can provide an RSS feed or, for the not-so-technically-inclined folks like me, you can use an RSS feed to keep your site's content fresh.
The Value of Search Engine Marketing
Search engine marketing vs traditional offline marketing. Most often, traditional offline marketing such as TV and radio ads cater to the masses.
Making Money with Popular Search Engines
With so many internet and home business opportunities on the world wide web nowadays it is very confusing as to know which ones are scams and which are not.However, even though I am sure that most of the money making schemes advertised have their merits, it would give the entrepreneur great peace of mind to know that he was building an internet business in conjunction with a credible and high profile corporate.
Would You Let A Dog Or A Butler Market Your Website?
The latest news to hit the Internet's 'water cooler' is that Lycos and Ask Jeeves are to begin their own SEO services..
SEO Expert Guide - Proposition Development (part 2/10)
It is literally amazing how many people start their online business presence by buying a domain name (close to their business name) and building a brochure-ware page. Only later do they turn their mind to optimizing their site for (i) their audience and (ii) the way their audience find them.
What Did We Learn from the Great Search Engine Experiment!
Last Week I did a Search engine Experiment. I wanted to see if I could brand myself as the coolest guy in the universe.
MLM and SEO - Bad Business! No Business!
MLM has been around way before the Internet. It is a few steps above a chain letter.
Search Engine Optimization Techniques
Search engine optimization is the process of increasing the amount of visitors to a website by achieving a high ranking in the search results of a search engine (i.e.
The Wonders of Wordtracker: Its More than a Hunt for Keywords
For me personally, Wordtracker.com is not just a tool for looking up keywords.
Is Something Missing From Your Keywords Research? (Part 1)
As you may already know, keywords are an essential part of search engine optimization (SEO). And the usual approach recommended to finding the right keywords to target with one's site involves the ideas of demand, supply and KEI (and/or CID).
How to Get Non-stop Free Traffic to Your Website
Yet the simple truth is that without traffic a website cannot be successful. Lack of traffic really need not be a problem because there are various free, proven ways of generating traffic that will cost you nothing but get you lots of traffic without you having to spend anything.
STOP Writing for Search Engines
Back when I was starting out with my first internet venture, I did a crazy thing. I subscribed to a Search Engine Optimization newsletter.
The Search Engine Optimization Game Is Getting Tricky
For more than 4 years now I have been modifying my work from home based web sites trying to optimize for the major search engines, Especially Goggle. Today with much disappointment I have come to the realization that search engine traffic alone will not make me rich.
What Is Waiting for Us? Tomorrows SEO Industry
Today, SEO is swiftly approaching saturation point. More and more webmasters realise the necessity of learning SEO basics, and as they do so, SEO professionals are facing difficulties finding new clients.
How To Indirectly Get To The Top Of Search Engines
There are millions of web sites trying to get listed in the top 20 spots of the major search engines. That amounts to a lot of competition! Even if your website can't get in the Top 20, you can use indirect ways to get it there.
|Home | Site Map | Thai Hosting | Website Directory|
|© 2007 ThaiIRC.in.th|