|SEO is Search Engine Optimization|
Link Reputation - How to Improve Search Engine Rankings
One of the most overlooked strategies to improve search engine rankings is building your link reputation. This link popularity strategy is just as important or equal to creating keyword rich content pages.
What is link reputation?
This is defined as the anchor text or link text of a backward link. Anchor text is the text contained within the link and backward links (inbound links) are web sites that contain a link to your web site.
1. For example many folks would use "click here" in their link text i.e.
2. instead of using "Affordable Web Site Design" i.e.
Affordable Web Site
The format in No 2 will more quickly improve your search engine ranking.
How does it work?
The number of links pointing to your site (link popularity) WILL increase your search engine rankings. However the quality of the links make a larger difference. A fast way to improve search engine rankings is to use keyword rich text for links within your site and for links pointing to your site (backward links). Therefore when contacting other web site owners, specify what targeted keyword phrase you want them to use in your link text.
How to boost link reputation for your web site
1. Create a list of targeted keyword phrases for any of your web pages. Research keywords or keyword phrases that are the most relevant to the theme of your site. Use tools such as wordtracker.com or the overture suggestion tool (http://inventory.overture.com/d/searchinventory/suggestion) to find the most popular keywords that people are entering into the search engines.
2. Enter these keywords into a popular search engine such as Google to see how many competing sites there are. If it's a popular keyword you probably will find millions of web sites. Therefore, while researching you need to drill down a little deeper to find keywords that are not so popular. Ideally you want to select keywords that are in high demand (receive a lot of searches) but have low supply (few competing sites).
3. Compare the number of back links - use a link popularity tool (i.e. marketleap.com) to compare the number of back links for those competing sites you found based on your keyword research.
You can also use this tool to find out how many back links there are to your own site and how popular your competition is.
4. Research the sites that are linked to your competition - use a back link tool, such as on the Google tool bar, to find out which sites are linking to your site and to your competition.
5. Contact other sites - web sites that are already linking to your competition may be open to linking to your site. Write them a polite email, asking them for a link to your site. You should already include a link to their site. This will help them want to link to yours. You can easily retract it if a link is not reciprocated. Include the exact link text they should use. This should include the targeted keywords based on your above research.
6. Use other methods - not all web site owners will reciprocate a link. Therefore use other methods such as writing articles or e-books that contain your links. Then distribute these freely to online publications. This will result in many high quality links to your site.
If you design or maintain your site based on link reputation, your search engine rankings will increase faster than if you had just focused on link popularity.
Herman Drost is the Certified Internet Webmaster (CIW) owner and author of http://www.iSiteBuild.com
Choose a Search Engine Optimization Plan or SEO Maintenance Plan that fits your web site. Visit: http://www.isitebuild.com/sitepromotion
- âÎÊµÔé§ - Thailand Web Hosting Business
- SEO Thailand
- Domain Names
- Web Hosting
- Software News
- Website Directory
- ¿ÔÅìÁ focus
- ¿ÔÅìÁ¡Ñ¹ÃÍÂ focus
Search Engines - The Dominant Factor
Let's face facts - Search engines are starting to rule and dominate the way people advertise their products and services.Gone are the days of low-cost, no-cost advertising.
Google Love - Five Top Tips To Make Google Love Your Site
1. Google love .
Are Your SEO Efforts Going To Waste?
Search engine optimization (SEO) is a long and complicated process that can be highly rewarding if done correctly. SEO is not a waste of time, but can be if your site doesn't appeal to visitors or function properly.
Search Engine Saturation Tool - A Must Have SEO Tool
Search Engines have become the soul of the Internet. They provide a means of aggregating, correlating, indexing and categorizing the vast amounts of content in the wild world of Internet.
Top 10 Little Used SEO Strategies
There are millions of web sites trying to get listed in the top 20 to 30 spots on the major search engines. That's a lot of competition! So if you're having a hard time getting those spots, maybe you should try some little used but effective seo strategies to get those prized listings.
Google is Quickly Changing...
Google is quickly changing..
Which Search Engine Optimization Services to choose, Google OR Yahoo?
Search Engine Optimization is emerging as the most powerful form of Internet Marketing in the recent years, and is bound to increase in the coming few years. Many companies have now emerged from countries like UK,CANADA, and India providing cost effective Search Engine Optimization Services.
Get Personal With Google
Anyone who's been on the net any time at all knows that Google has been the search engine of choice for many for a while now. Whether that continues remains to be seen, but for now, with MSN still in development and Yahoo going through some growing pains, many still feel that Google is the leader.
Learn about the Google Search Engine Tools
Think you know everything about searching with Google? Think again. Believe it or not, there are many tools and features available on Google that can be useful for marketing research as well as wasting time.
Beyond Search Engines
Some webmasters report that search engines account for 75% or more of their total website traffic. However, it's important not to become too dependent on search engines for new business.
Do It Yourself SEO
Internet surfers use search engines more than any other tool to find things online. Search engines rank their results using a complex formula that considers web page content, link popularity and other details.
The Business Case for SEO
It's interesting how potential clients have preconceived notions about which aspects of search engine marketing have the most value. In fact, they tend to fall into two camps that are 180° apart.
Torpedo and Sink the Ship SS Search Engine Ranking
I was recently contacted by one of my best clients who asked me what I thought of his decision to make a major change to one of his highly ranked pages. His initial concern was that visitor sales conversion ratio was low.
Getting Your Site Seen By Search Engines
Is your website listed on search engines? When people search for you, does your site show up on page 1 or page 20 of the search engine results?Optimizing your site to get it ranked highly on the search engines can be a complicated subject. To simplify things, it's helpful to first understand how search engines add sites to their database.
Google Tests Expanded Search To Include Printed Works
Google Labs is currently testing Google Print, which returns results from within scanned printed books along with Google's standard web search results. The searcher doesn't have to do anything special - the printed work results are already included in the Google database.
Optimize your Search Engine Placement Five Easy Ways
If you are like me, you created web site metatags with the help of your Web master. Maybe like me, you didn't spend time or money submitting to search engines because you weren't techie enough.
Promoting Home Business: Tips to Increase Web Site Sales
You've selected an appropriate Online Business Opportunity. That is not ALL!To run a successful online ecommerce Home business, getting the targetted users to visit your site and converting them into customers is the first and foremost thing.
Website Ranking With an Internet Marketing Specialist
On the internet, competition is stronger than ever. There was a time where paying a few bucks to get in Yahoo was enough to generate substantial traffic but marketing websites on the internet got much more complex since.
"Web Content Management System fr Window": Search Engine Typos
Oops! I meant "web content management system for windows." Do search engines understand consumer search engine typos? Typing something so close to what you are looking for, like typing "web content management system fr window" instead of "web content management system for windows" may not seem like a big deal, but search engine bloopers alter consumer searches more than we know.
How To Avoid The 3 Biggest Title Tag Mistakes With Search Engines
Your title tag is the most important 3 to 12 words on your Web page. It accounts for up to 80% of your rankings on search engines.
|Home | Site Map | Thai Hosting | Website Directory|
|© 2007 ThaiIRC.in.th|