|SEO is Search Engine Optimization|
10 Quick Ways To Kick-Start Your Profit Pulling Keywords
First, you must realize that targeting the right keywords or phrases is the 'key' to making any kind of profit from your site. Choosing the 'right' keywords (the exact keyword or phrase surfers type into the search engines to find your site or product) can make or break your online venture.
How do you find these profitable keywords?
One simple way to do this is to just type your 'keyword' into the different search engines - then take note of the number of paid adverts listed for your keyword. If there are no paid adverts -- chances are high that your keyword is not a paying keyword.
Perhaps, a more exact way is to use Wordtracker or Overture.com, they will give you the numbers of searches made last month for that keyword, along with a whole list of variations on that keyword or phrase. Overture will also give you a list of who's bidding on the keyword and how much they're willing to pay for traffic to that keyword.
Getting a high ranking (at least on the first or second page) for a paying 'keyword' in one of the top search engines like Google, Msn, or Yahoo can set up a nice revenue stream on your site. It can mean a lot to your site's bottom line.
So try these 10 quick ways to 'kick-start' your keywords:
1. PPC - Pay per click, this is the ultimate kick-start method but you must know what you're doing! Paying for traffic or hits to your targeted keywords is probably the best and fastest way to kick-start your keywords. Use Google adwords or programs like overture.com to bid on clicks to your keywords or keyword phrases.
In PayPerClick marketing, many marketers target 'every' keyword for the product they are selling, including misspelled words and phrases. They may then narrow down their list to only the 'keywords' with a high conversion rate, how many hits it takes to get a sale. One sale in 10 clicks and you could be on easy street. One sale in 1000 clicks and you're probably on your way to the poorer side of town!
In other words, you could lose a ton of money if you're not careful or prudent. Do some serious research before you jump into this arena. Recommended reading would probably start with Google Cash by Chris Carpenter.
2. Anchor text it to death! Especially if you're targeting Google traffic, you must have your keyword or phrase placed in a many on-site and off-site 'anchor text links' that you can possibly get.
Anchor text in an url link is as follows: This is your anchor text!
Off-page factors are very important to Google which ranks sites from PR0 to PR10; the number of 'anchor text' links with your particular keyword coming from high PR sites is extremely important -- the more high PR links you have, the higher the ranking for your keyword or site will be.
Some savvy marketers have found that it might be more cost effective to buy 'keyword links' on high PR Sites for your targeted keywords rather than shelling out money over and over again for the PPC campaigns. One time or yearly purchase of certain high profit pulling keyword links that place your site or selling page at #1 on SERPs (search engine results pages). A #1 spot on Google for a high paying keyword that can keep paying for years is worth its weight in gold. Notice the large number of 'moans and groans' whenever a major shift in Google's rankings occurs i.e. as in the Florida update.
If you're targeting Yahoo, make sure you repeat your keyword often, and at the top of your web copy page. Place it in your 'alt text' in your website's images. But be careful, don't keyword spam by repeating it hundreds of times on your web page.
3. Plug it into your existing site. Professional marketers, plug in their keywords into their existing sites by placing links on all or numerous pages on their sites. Some use a resource table at the bottom of each page, then when a new resource (keyword) comes along, they just update and plug in this new link. Do a little homework, and check out how some major SEO sites have this column of resources (keywords) listed on all their pages -- thus, providing a large number of internal links to their keywords -- directing or tunneling PR towards their most profitable keywords.
4. Place your anchor text link in your blogs. If you're a prudent marketer you will have already turned some of your site's normal offerings into blogs and rss feeds. Example, if you have an existing ezine or newsletter, place an online version into a blog. If you regularly do company updates, news releases -- place these into a blog and rss feed.
5. Likewise, you can start a series of blogs on your keyword or subject matter. It has meant an overall increase in traffic and rankings to my sites and perhaps more importantly the 'spider activity' has gone from almost nil to a daily infestation. Regularly 'ping' your posts by using sites like my.yahoo.com, this will get your keywords spidered and indexed more quickly.
6. Place your anchor text links on marketing forums or on forums related to your keyword's subject. Forums are a great way to kick-start any keywords that you are targeting. The traffic is great and most of these forums are spidered daily.
7. Place your anchor text keywords on a high profile site. If you can get your keyword links on some 'major players', sites which have over a million links or more, do it! I have noticed my site is spidered more frequently and by different robots after getting my links on sites like buzzle.com and addme.com, it probably won't hurt your Google PR ranking either!
8. Place your anchor text keywords on high profile blogs. Again, don't keyword spam but try and build strategic relationships with top bloggers in your 'keyword' subject area. Then the mutual exchanging of links will fall into the natural scheme of things.
9. Write articles around your keyword topic, and submit them to ezine directories like ezinearticles.com and goarticles.com. Many marketers suggest you NOT use your keyword in the Title or Body of your article! Place it instead in the anchor text link in your resource box. Reasoning behind this, your article may be picked up by some major sites with High PR rankings or ratings -- if you have the same article on your site -- you will lose traffic to these major competitors. So you have to be a bit sneaky and carefully funnel traffic to your keyword from the search engines.
10. Start a viral 'keyword product'. Many professional marketers also place their keywords into a 'viral' product of some kind: a free brandable ebook, free reports, mini-courses, or tutorials that can be used and passed around freely.
So next time, don't just place a keyword on your site and wait for something to happen, instead, take a more pro-active role by trying these 10 methods of kick-starting your keywords and you will immediately see results. They do work and the proof is just waiting your next move...
To learn more about Google Adsense, Adwords and PayPerClick Marketing: Google Cash File
Copyright © 2005 Titus Hoskins of http://www.bizwaremagic.com
This article may be freely distributed if this resource box stays attached.
- âÎÊµÔé§ - Thailand Web Hosting Business
- SEO Thailand
- Domain Names
- Web Hosting
- Software News
- Website Directory
- ¿ÔÅìÁ focus
- ¿ÔÅìÁ¡Ñ¹ÃÍÂ focus
SEO Expert Guide - Conclusions (part 10/10)
As you have seen throughout the guide, search engine optimization (SEO) is a multi-faceted activity. Likely to be time-consuming, it is important that you spend your time wisely.
PageRank for Websites: Is There More to the Web?
Google's PageRank has been around for years, and in the opinions of a lot of e-business owners, it can make or break a site. Lately, with Google's fingers in every pie, it seems important to remind everyone that there is more to a website than just PageRank.
The Wonders of Wordtracker: Its More than a Hunt for Keywords
For me personally, Wordtracker.com is not just a tool for looking up keywords.
Googles New SEO Rules
Google has recently made some pretty significant changes in its ranking algorithm. The latest update, dubbed by Google forum users as "Allegra", has left some web sites in the dust and catapulted others to top positions.
How To Improve Your Search Engine Ranking
With search engines like Google currently indexing over 8 billion pages, it is becoming more and more difficult to get a top search engine ranking. Type in a popular search phrase such as "Internet Marketing" into Yahoo or Google and you will be returned over 8 million results!Unless your website is in the first two or three pages, it is unlikely that you will receive many visitors from search engines.
Ten Steps To A Well Optimized Website - Step 5: Internal Linking
Welcome to part five in this search engine positioning series. Last week we discussed the importance of content optimization.
Internet Directory Submission Tips
Internet Directories and their ImportanceThere are two very pertinent reason why we submit to directories, first, to get more targeted traffic to your site and secondly, to build link popularity in hopes of a better page rank. Acquiring links from other websites may obtain the same results, providing they are qualified links meaning the website you want to exchange links with pertains to your business.
What is PageRank?
Chances are you have been on the Internet and have been surfing in and out of websites looking for valuable information pertaining to a favorite topic or researching a subject for school or work. As you type in keyword(s) you match the information you are searching for on Google, you come up with 10,000 pages of information.
Making Money with Popular Search Engines
With so many internet and home business opportunities on the world wide web nowadays it is very confusing as to know which ones are scams and which are not.However, even though I am sure that most of the money making schemes advertised have their merits, it would give the entrepreneur great peace of mind to know that he was building an internet business in conjunction with a credible and high profile corporate.
How To Become an SEO Expert - 5 Secrets That Will Allow You to Outperform 95% of All Webmasters
Becoming an SEO expert, or a search engine optimization expert, is something that is worth your while if you are interested in getting your web page noticed and increasing your traffic. It is not hard to become an SEO expert if you simply know what steps you need follow to take you there.
Google Page Rank Is Dead - Part II
In part I - Google Page Rank Is Dead - Or Ist It? http://web-marketing.smartads.
Finding The Best Search Engine
With Billions of pages on the internet how do you find exactly what is that you are looking for? Chances are you have stumbled across different search engines, and maybe even used and tried out a few of them.Aside from look and feel which search engine really is the best? It used to be that Google's search results were far superior to any other search engine on the internet.
Search Engines 101 - Search Engines Explained
What Are Search Engines?A search engine is a database system designed to index and categorize internet addresses, otherwise known as URLs (for example, http://www.submittoday.
Link Popularity: Improve Your Search Engine Rankings
What is link popularity?Link Popularity is simply the total number of pages that link to your website. Most search engines, including Google, consider that when one page links to another page, it is effectively casting a vote of confidence for the other page.
How to Choose Keywords to Theme Your Pages and Boost Your Traffic
One of the most frequent questions I get asked is in the choice of keywords for a new site, specifically secondary keywords..
3.5 Tips To Help You Avoid Becoming The Next Search Engine Outlaw
Want to avoid being blacklisted by the search engines and banished to the sin bin never to receive a single search engine visitor ever again? Thought so. Here's some tips to help you.
Site Maps: Let Search Engines Find Your Pages
With 40 million websites in existence, and more than 3 billion web pages indexed by Google at the time of this writing (July 2003), it's no wonder that more and more people are relying on search engines to find their way through the unruly world that the web has become.Nowadays, it is crucial to get your pages indexed by the most important search engines.
SEOs Relationship With Website Architecture
SEO's Relationship With Website ArchitectureSearch engine optimization for today's search engine robots requires that sites be well-designed and easy-to-navigate. To a great degree, organic search engine optimization is simply an extension of best practices in web page design.
What You Did Wrong With Your Domain Names!
Trying to improve search engine rankings is just like a rubics cube. A puzzle that can keep you occupied for hours.
Linking Strategies to Skyrocket to the Top of Google
If you don't know already, one of the key success factors to getting loads of free Google traffic to your website is increasing page rank. So just how do you increase your page rank? Well, it's all in the linking.
|Home | Site Map | Thai Hosting | Website Directory|
|© 2007 ThaiIRC.in.th|